2012年9月24日星期一

Ottok: Find Beauty in Incomplete Things


When immersed into something really fond of, we are always easy to forget tiredness and unhappiness. That’s more than a hobby. We love what we do and one day if we develop it to become our lifelong profession which may be the best thing ever. And as to me, I like handwork and photography most. But neither of them has been developed into my vocation. Therefore, I will always admire those people who can work for his heart and enthusiasm. But who can say amateurs are not high on the list?

And today, I’d like to introduce an amateurish photographer, Ottok, whose works have nothing with amateur. When asked for the reason why photography, he just responded, “ I photograph because I have a passion for it. It’s that simple.”

“I have struggled in the past to find the right words to describe what drives much of my art. And then I read an article on the Japanese aesthetic of wabi-sabi: finding magic in the ordinary…in the flawed. As Leonard Loren said: “Wabi-sabi is a beauty of things imperfect, impermanent, and incomplete. It is a beauty of things unconventional.” Wabi-sabi is what I seek when I explore an abandoned factory or walk the streets of a city or find a deserted house in a field.”

If you are interested in his works, please read more on his photoblog: http://www.ottokphotography.com

没有评论:

发表评论